A few months ago The People’s Poncho reached out to me and asked if I’d give their Poncho 2.0 a whirl. You know, in everyday circumstances. Knowing that I was committed to commuting this season, I happily obliged. The worst that could happen is that I learn poncho’s aren’t for me, right?
Fast forward thru the rainy season, and let me tell you, this magnificent yellow poncho is the number one thing I ALWAYS have with me now. In fact, I even locked myself out of the house recently, but at least I had my poncho.
So here’s the thing. In terms of ponchos, my only previous experience with them were the clear garbage bag-like ones my dad would give us when we went to concerts. I’m pretty sure they actually were just garbage bags that he cut holes in, but I digress. My point is, I honestly didn’t have that high of expectations. But true to my word, I gave it a shot and was immediately blown away.
First try with it I rode of to my sister’s house, knowing it wasn’t far, just incase it was an epic fail. Wearing jeans, a rain jacket, and basic sneakers, I was amazed that I stayed dry. Even my feet! The poncho fits perfectly over the handlebars, creating a tent over the entire front end. Again, this was crucial, considering I was wearing jeans.
After that initial day, this became a staple. It comes in a handy little bag, so it’s easy to store within the back of my Burley trailer or in a pannier. And much to my surprise, it’s actually easy to get back into said pouch without having to learn the art of origami. How often does that happen?!
Waterproof TPU material, it’s what makes this poncho special! It’s a special 3 Layered membrane consisting of:
• Japanese polyester(highest quality durable polyester)
• TPU coating ~ 12,000millimeters (highly waterproof)
• Tricot Knit (ensures breathability)
• Water resistant zippered front pouch – store valuables/keys.
• Adjustable peaked hood – tweak for desired fit.
• Elastic toggles at neck and back of head – adjust to your headsize
• 3 Buttons at either side – make sleeves when walking
• Extra stretch forehead panel to follow head’s movements with firm hood brim
• Bag – ‘Bumbag’ like carry strap (total weight 460grams)
Specific Benefits of Cycle Rain Poncho for Bike.
• Reflective strips (front, back, poncho piping ) for extra visibility.
• Waistband to prevent from flapping up in wind and ensure stability on bike.
• Straps fitted on the inside to hook onto handlebars so legs are protected from rain.
My only real complaint is that the hood doesn’t fit over my helmet. In a perfect world, it would fit over like a glove. But considering I will have this poncho longer than my helmet, that’s a lofty request and one that is far from a deal breaker.
As always, feel free to comment below or shoot me a message with questions!