Raise your hand if there is a tiny part of you that still feels like it should be March! Winter may have seemed like it dragged on FOREVER, but now that summer is in full swing, I feel like I am scrambling to make the most of each moment before it quickly passes by. Definitely feel like I’ve been slacking. Oh well, what can you do?
It may also feel like it creeped up on us because I have SO much I want to share with you this month! Instead of rambling on, I’ll cut right to the chase. This month is kick-starting a bunch of fun personal goals, as well as new additions to the blog/what we are offering.
What’s Coming Up this Month!
- FIRST, I am thrilled to announce that we have a new team member! Carol Mack, Doctor of Physical Therapy/Strength & Conditioning Specialist, and owner of CLE Sports PT & Performance, will be a regular contributor to the blog. This woman is a biomechanics and nutrition guru… Seriously, whether you are looking to amp up your training/race game OR simply looking to make healthy lifestyle changes, this is your girl! (Check out her first post HERE!)
- The Route and the date for our self-supported century ride has been set! More details to come, but in short – My dear friend, Debra, and I will be doing our first solo century this summer!
- Which brings me to number 3, training for said ride has officially begun, so again, stay tuned for our all the deets on how we are preparing! (Spoiler Alert: In addition to our training on the saddle, we’ll be talking about how we’re prepping OFF the bike as well!)
- I have officially signed up for Velosano this year! Initially I wanted to do the two day, 200 mile ride. Alas, as we are celebrating Ada’s birthday that weekend, I decided to sign us up for the 12 mile family ride. Which means tis is Ada’s FIRST BIG ride. Plus I hear there’s ice cream at mile 6, so win-win for all of us!
- Strava. Yeahhhhhhh. I’m the WORST with documenting my miles. This month I’m making a conscious effort to log that shit!
As you can see, I’m pretty pumped about what June has in store for us. ALSO, I have some pretty amazing dessert recipes to share. Because, you know, summer is all about delicious grub!
Comment below, what are your JUNE ambitions?!