I am a total sucker for new years resolutions. I thrive on them and eagerly await the turn of the calendar so as to dive right in and get started. Sure, I could start resolutions whenever, but I really do love starting them with the turn of the new year. It's just my thing. And this year is no different. Well, not quite. I suppose my only difference THIS year is that I am setting monthly goals, in lieu of full year goals. I figure 4 weeks is far less daunting, and hopefully easier to maintain. Each month, I can reevaluate and see what is working, what is not, what I'd like to keep up and what I'd like to change. It's worth a shot.
Without further ado, my JANUARY 2016 GOALS:
- Yoga 3 times a week - in studio or at home (and actually get better about practicing at home!)
- Spinning 2-3 times a week. What can I say, I'm a pansy in the cold but I sure love pedaling!
- Get back into the habit of meal planning. I was doing SO good with this for months last year, and then somehow life happened and I got in the terrible habit of going grocery shopping every other day and ultimately spending way more money than necessary and wasting an embarrassing amount of food.
- Spending Fast. Yup. Unless it is an absolute necessity, I'm not spending a single penny this month. I'll be the first to admit, that this one is a little daunting to me, but what's 4 weeks?
- Finally decide on colors for our bedroom. (SIDE NOTE: We've lived in our house for 4 years now and still have a framed shell hanging on our bedroom wall that was there when we moved in. Yeah, we need to do something about that.)
- Read: The Girl on the Train. Has anyone read this yet?! I'd love to hear your opinions on it!